Bowling ball is the best activity during family time. A purple hammer urethane bowling ball can help you enjoy this sport with family, friends, and fellows. It can boost your bowling activity.
But when we talk about the champion bowling ball in the industry then we find Hammer as the best manufacturer of top-quality bowling balls. Hammer is producing high-end bowling balls for years. The company has introduced a huge number of bowling balls in which some have got retired.
- Hammer Black Urethane (1982)
- Red Hammer Urethane (1985)
- Red Pearl Urethane (1987)
- Blue Pearl Hammer (1987)
- Pink Hammer Urethane (1989)
- Hammer Nail Urethane (1989)
- Burgundy Hammer (1992)
- Red Reactive Hammer (1994)
- Hammer PC3 Urethane (1996)
- Hammer Claw Pearl Urethane (1998)
- Pure Hammer Urethane Blend (May-2004)
- Hammer Blue Urethane (Aug-2011)
Where some of the available hammer bowling balls are
- The Black Widow Urethane (Released Dec-2017)
- Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane (Released Oct-2016)
- Hammer Black Urethane (Released Oct-2015)
Bowling ball has become the most trendy game and people play this game for fun. People find pleasure in spending time with friends and cousins while playing this amazing game. Other than finding pleasure and being a hobby it is one of the most competing sport. The professional player put their efforts to polish skills and win the game.
All the tournaments and leagues are held worldwide due to the increasing popularity of bowling balls. And therefore the makers also face competition in producing advanced bowling balls. The bowling ball manufacturers introduce new and latest bowling balls every year that presents their quality and deliverance.
Different manufacturers offer different bowling balls with advanced features and specs. Every bowling ball has its own pros and cons in its relative fields. Some bowling balls are designed for wet lanes and others for dry lanes. Different balls deliver different performance levels on different lane conditions.
Table of Content
Specifications and Key Features
- PERFORMANCE: Mid
- PART NUMBER: 60-106542-93X
- COLOR: Purple Pearl
- CORE: LED
- CORE TYPE: Symmetric
- COVERSTOCK: Urethane Pearl
- COVER TYPE: Pearl Urethane
- FINISH: 500, 1000, 2000 Siaair Micro Pad
- WEIGHTS: 16-12 Pounds
- LANE CONDITION: Light to medium oil
- REACTION: Smooth Arc
- WARRANTY: Two years from purchase date
- Finger Hands: Enhancing performance
- Hook Potential: Tells the capacity of a bowling ball
- Material: Urethane gives more power and a strong grip
- RG Potential: Range of RG in between 2.460”-2.800
Introducing one of the best bowling balls for beginners and pros. One of the leading bowling balls that offer mid-lane performance with powerful coverstock. You will never regret buying this bowling ball because it allows you easy shots.
The Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane Bowling Ball is designed with a urethane coverstock that is durable and powerful. It allows powerful straight shots with some hook potential. The urethane coverstock lies between plastic and resin reactive coverstocks. This coverstock is durable enough to deliver performance for a long time. That means you can enjoy your gaming experience for a long period of time without getting your ball damaged or scratched.
The urethane coverstock of this ball allows you complete control of the entire lane. It offers perfect backend reaction and breakpoint.
The Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane Bowling Ball features an LED symmetric core that delivers ideal performance on light to medium oiled lanes. The symmetric core of the Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane Bowling Ball offers perfect control to the bowlers so that they could bowl conveniently. The symmetric core has a continuous mass distribution making it suitable for both beginners and pros. This is because beginners need more control over the ball and lane, especially in oily lane conditions. Only a perfect grip allows ideal performance. And perfect grip cannot be achieved without having complete control.
Versatile drilling options
The symmetric core of the Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane Bowling Ball allows versatile drilling options. You can enjoy multiple drilling options with various grip styles. Some people are used to conventional grip while advanced level bowlers like fingertip grip.
- Exceptional backend revulsion
- Enhance the performance
- Not costly
- Best for all kinds of lane
- More spin and hold
- Extensively useable
- Perfect for medium oily lanes
- Useful for all bowlers
- Maintain consistency during work
- Not good for exhaust lanes
- Buck and revulsion not great for beginners
Shortcoming Of Purple Hammer Urethane Bowling Ball
In this world, everything has two-phase. Where thing made of a lot of qualities, it also consists of some shortcomings. Same in the case of purple hammer urethane bowling ball. This bowling ball is composed of a lot of qualities but it also consists of some demerits. These demerits such as
- Not suitable for beginners
- Buck and revulsion not great for beginners
- Not good for exhaust lanes
A Buying Guide to Purple Hammer Urethane Bowling Ball
When you buy the purple hammer urethane bowling bowl you must know its features. This buying guide helps you purchase a purple hammer urethane bowling ball. When you purchase this bowling ball note the following features. Core, finger hands, hook potential, cover stock, material, RG potential, lane condition, and weight is the most common features found in purple hammer urethane bowling ball.
- Inside the durable and strong coverstock, there is a hardcore material. The core is responsible for the ball motion on different lane conditions. Also, different cores offer different control and balance levels.
- Hammer brand makes bowling balls with the core of three designs. These designs are asymmetrical, pancake, and symmetrical.
- Core with pancake design allows greater balance along with an imperceptible look that is best for newbies.
- On the other hand core with an asymmetrical design give aggression to the ball and is considered best for experienced bowlers. The symmetrical cores have a continuous mass distribution that offers a great balance. The beginners find it easy to play with symmetrical cores as compared to asymmetrical and other types. The Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane Bowling Ball is also designed with an asymmetric core to offer perfect control with ideal performance. The symmetric cores are easy to handle and provide perfect grip on the lane.
- Core with symmetrical design possesses the qualities of the above two core designs. Purple hammer urethane bowling ball is a symmetrical design that makes it perfect for intermediate as well as beginner bowlers.
- It can also be utilized by the pros to improve their skills.
Weight and size
- The weight of the bowling ball is the most important thing that makes an impact on the ball on the path.
- Different bowling balls come with different weight and size options. You can choose the weight and size that is suitable for you between 6 lbs and 16 lbs. The kid’s range is 6 lbs to 10 lbs. While women should choose between 10 lbs to 14 lbs that suits their style.
- This weight of ball easy to handle and it is suitable for all kinds of lanes.
- Selection of too much light bowling ball or too much heavy in respect to the weight of the body. The selection of bowling ball weight can affect the performance.
- Your overall performance is affected by the weight of the bowling ball, therefore, you cannot ignore this factor. Playing with a heavier ball could cause serious injuries and fatigue in your wrist. Where a light ball might not deliver expected performance. Therefore choose the one that is perfect to control and delivers ideal performance.
- Holes for fingers are important tools for enhancing performance.
- Hammer brand possess both undrilled and pre-drilled bowling ball. Pre-drilled bowling balls save money and time.
- On the other side, undrilled bowling balls offer you to have holes of fingers customized according to your style of hand and measurement of hand.
- However, there is also a choice for your finger holes of conventional form. You can also interact the fingers into holes that give revolution for the bowling ball.
- Hook potential tells the capacity of a bowling ball to hook when it is tossed. When there is great friction it is responsible for increasing the hook of the ball.
- When the hook is less than the bowling ball will have a straight path.
- The high hook potential no doubt allows ideal performance and strong pin action on the deck. It allows the bowler to create multiple angles before throwing it. So that the ball could reach the deck as soon as possible.
- In the market, bowling balls are available with measurements of high hook and low potential hook.
- The beginners don’t know how to hook perfectly therefore they should start with low to medium hook potential. Most beginners want to have a hook with low potential. They can start with straight shots and improve their bowling skills. When you think that you have enough control over the ball and confidence in playing hooks then you can consider other options.
Whenever you buy a bowling ball always try to consider a durable and suitable coverstock. Because a coverstock defines your overall performance on different lane conditions. Also, the durability of the bowling ball depends on the coverstock material.
- Hammer introduced bowling balls in the market with three stocks of cover. These are urethane, plastic, and sensitive resin.
- The plastic coverstocks are durable and easy to control. The beginners love to play with plastic bowling balls because it allows them to play conveniently by offering straight shots. A Bowling ball with plastic cover stock is perfect for beginners. While on the other hand urethane and sensitive resin is best for experienced and intermediate bowlers. The plastic coverstocks don’t offer much hook potential therefore advanced-level bowlers don’t prefer it. They rather choose other coverstock materials like urethane or resin reactive materials.
- These cover stocks of balls are suitable to conditions of different lanes.
- The urethane and resin reactive coverstocks are a perfect choice for advanced-level and pro bowlers. You should select the bowling ball according to your level of experience and style.
- Because they have learned all the advanced bowling techniques to win the game. Therefore they need something advanced to polish their skills and performance. The hook potential is offered by urethane and reactive resin coverstocks that are loved by all pros.
- Plastic is the cheapest tool that is used ever for balls of bowling. It has done the job for beginners. But lacks the experience of the best bowler.
- Today sensitive resin, particle, and urethane materials are saturated in the market.
- Urethane bowling balls produce great friction, due to this ball will roll great along with the excessive impact.
- Sensitive resin possesses great friction and has the action of a high hook.
- Bowling balls are also composed of ceramic or glass stocks of the core.
- These materials give more power, the potential for a hood, and a strong grip.
RG and potential
- RG represents the radius of the boundary while differential indicates the blazing potential of a bowling ball.
- The range of RG is between 2.460”-2.800”.
- The value of differential is present between 0.1-0.8. Their categories are high, low, and mid.
- A higher value of RG represents a high shot and a longer differential tells great blaze.
- Urethane balls work exceptionally in oily dry lanes or oily medium lanes. It is done by the potential of the hook, more control, or angle.
- All this depends solely on your choice of where you want to play.
- Urethane bowling balls possess something for each.
- Other than all performance features the drilling options also affect your overall performance and motion of a ball on the lane. There are different hole configurations for different styles.
- Some people use a three-finger hole configuration and some prefer a two-finger configuration.
- All you need is to choose a bowling ball that offers versatile drilling options.
- A bowling ball with a symmetric core offers various drilling options with continuous mass distribution.
- There are options for a finish like polished finishes and sanded finishes.
- Some have a dull appearance and others have a shine appearance on the lane. Hammer purple pearl bowling ball composed of three finishes that are 2000\1000\500 Abalone TM finish.
- Sanding Finish is done by a pad of Abalone upon the surface of a urethane bowling ball.
- These sanded finishes possess friction better and beginners can hold it more confidently.
The Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane Bowling Ball is no doubt the best ball regarding performance and durability. Finally, the hammer is one of the amazing brands that manufactured purple hammer urethane bowling balls. Purple hammer urethane bowling ball is a symmetrical design that makes it perfect for intermediate as well as beginner bowlers. The weight of the bowling ball is very important for the bowlers. Because the selection of bowling ball weight can affect the performance.
Different coverstock materials deliver different performance levels. And every manufacturer keeps on upgrading the bowling ball list. Therefore we suggest you not rely on the bowling ball. Instead, improve your performance and try to polish your techniques and skills. This will increase your value and allow you to win the game without worrying about the ball type.
But if you are brand conscious and need to try something new that is offering something special then Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane Bowling Ball could be a perfect choice for you. This bowling ball overall delivers premium performance without causing fatigue. Multiple weight and size options are available that make you free to choose the one that suits you.
Urethane materials give more power, the potential for the hood, and a strong grip. The range of RG is between 2.460”-2.800. Hammer purple pearl bowling ball composed of three finishes that are 2000\1000\500 Abalone TM finish. Hook potential tells the capacity of a bowling ball to hook when it is tossed. In the market, bowling balls are available with measurements of high hook and low potential hook.
What does a bowling ball with urethane coverstock do?
A urethane coverstock has more life span than a plastic coverstock and hence more durable. Moreover, it offers more friction than a plastic material allowing the ball to move perfectly on the lane.
Can you polish a urethane bowling ball?
It is difficult to polish urethane bowling balls. You have to do every grit in between to increase the grit level numerically.
Do urethane balls absorb oil?
Urethane bowling balls usually don’t absorb oil therefore you should always wipe off the oil before playing a shot.
What type of material used by the purple hammer urethane bowling ball?
Plastic is the cheapest tool that is used ever for balls of bowling. It has done the job for beginners. But lacks the experience of the best bowler. Today sensitive resin, particle, and urethane materials are saturated in the market. Urethane materials give more power, the potential for the hood, and a strong grip.
What the range of RG and potential used by the purple hammer urethane bowling ball?
RG represents the radius of the boundary while differential indicates the blazing potential of a bowling ball. The range of RG is between 2.460”-2.800”. A higher value of RG represents a high shot and the longer differential tells great blaze.
What is the weight or size of a purple hammer urethane bowling ball?
The weight of the bowling ball is the most important thing that makes an impact on the ball on the path. The weight of a bowling ball must be 10% of the bodyweight of any person. If your body weight is 100 lbs. then the weight of the bowling ball will be 10 lbs. The selection of bowling ball weight can affect the performance.
What type of stocks used by the purple hammer urethane bowling ball?
Hammer introduced bowling balls in the market with three stocks of cover. These are urethane, plastic, and sensitive resin. Urethane is best for experienced and intermediate bowlers. You should select the bowling ball according to your level of experience and style.
What the role of finger holes in the purple hammer urethane bowling ball?
Holes for fingers are important tools for enhancing performance. Hammer brand possess both undrilled and pre-drilled bowling ball. Undrilled bowling balls offer you to have holes of finger customized according to your style of hand and measurement of hand. You can also interact the fingers into holes that give revolution for bowling balls.